Friday, June 24, 2016

Finicky Friday - Cola-Nut Salmon

Hey everyone, I thought it would be cool to post some recipes I had found online. I’m going to *try* to do some of these beforehand, but I’m sure there’ll be times I won't. I'm going to call this Finicky Friday. :)

A friend of ours made this last weekend, and I absolutely loved it.  I will say the sauce isn't that great looking, but in this case looks are deceiving.  We also had grilled shrimp to go with our meal, and I ended up dipping the shrimp in the sauce for the salmon... and that was awesome too LOL. He did a great job on the meal. 




Cola-Nut Salmon


Ingredients

4 salmon fillets, with (preferred) or without skin

1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil

1/2 cup chopped pecans

12 oz. can of cola (not diet)

1 tbsp Tabasco sauce

1 tbsp butter Mesquite chips




Directions

Preheat grill to medium heat, using Mesquite chips if this is an option.


Rinse salmon and pat dry, then brush with the oil.


If using skin-on fillets, cut 1-inch diagonal slits into the skin and set aside.


Toast the pecans in a skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until browned.


Remove the pecans from heat and set aside.


Pour the cola into the same skillet on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until cola is reduced by half. It will have the consistency of syrup.


Stir in the Tabasco sauce, butter and pecans. Keep warm over low heat.


Grill your salmon fillets, starting on the side without skin for 4 minutes.


Carefully turn salmon over and grill for 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness. Fish will be opaque and firm to the touch.


Remove salmon from the grill and serve with the sauce spooned overtop.

(, Of course, one of the reasons why I probably like this so well is because it's made with Coke lol.)