Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Sexy Saturday - Trouble Comes in Threes

Happy Saturday and welcome to My Sexy SaturdayFor this hop you post 7 paragraphs or 7 sentences or 7 words. It can be from a WIP or something published.
For this week, I thought I’d do something from a WIP I’m working on called Trouble Comes in Threes. It’s about a guy who was dumped by his boyfriend during Christmas a year ago. Then all the all appliances in this house go out…. at the same time, along with a leaking roof. He’s already strapped for money, thanks to opening his own business, so he can’t replace anything.
Know the saying about troubles comes in threes? Well, number thee is about to show up… times two, lol.
Enjoy! And don’t forget to visit the rest of Blog Hop!

Trouble Comes in Threes
Yeah, the cat was cute, but it had to go. I needed a pet like I needed a hole in the head. I was barely taking care of myself, so how the hell was I supposed to take care of a cat? I’d probably fuck that up too.
“Okay, cat, let’s go.” I pointed at the open door, finger not quivering, voice strong and steady. Cool, check me out. I sounded commanding. Authoritative. I even impressed myself.
The cat looked at me and flicked his tail. Then the damn thing shot out his back leg and started licking it.
“Seriously?”
The cat didn’t seemed half as impressed as I was with myself. Figures. I couldn’t even intimidate a fucking cat. Color me wuss. I shivered in the cold draft from the open door… Shit, the damn door was still open. Heat was gushing out in heaty-type waves while I tried talking a cat out the damn door. And he wasn’t having any of it, seemed like. I certainly didn’t have this problem with the humans in my life. Like Carson, they couldn’t wait to get out the door. And speaking of the door…
“Here, kitty, kitty.” Again I called to the cat, and again the cat ignored me. Okay, it appeared we were at a standoff. I nodded my head at the open door. The cat licked its balls. Alrighty then. Guess that answered that. Ball licking won over stupid head nod any day of the week. I shut the door.

The cat stopped its grooming—okay, so maybe I was a little jealousand stared at me. “Meee-ow!”